This highly interactive, role play based, training programme provides the participant with the framework to negotiate correctly and successfully.
The Training focuses on both the performance and operational aspects of negotiations to allow managers, team leaders and supervisors develop these critical skills needed for success.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Define negotiation
- Define different negotiating styles
- Define your own negotiating style
- Establish common ground
- Understand the interaction of conflicting styles of negotiation
- Identify the types of power available to you
- Use your own referent powers and identify them in others
- Understand the phases of negotiation
- Explore proposals and manage the process through first, second and third decisions
- Develop conflict handling techniques
- Create the correct atmosphere for negotiation
- Develop negotiation strategies
- Identify and use negotiation tactics
- Check for compliance
- Gaining acceptance and finalising deal
- Evaluate the process
- What is Negotiation
- Negotiation Defined
- The essential components
- Negotiation styles
- Structure of a Negotiation
- Arena of conflict
- Elements of power
- Environmental factors and power
- The Negotiating Process
- Phases of the negotiation
- Planning and Preparation
- Establishing a mandate
- Developing your proposal
- Skill of the Negotiator
- Interpersonal skills
- Dynamics of the interaction
- Do’s and don’t’s of effective negotiations
- Negotiating Strategy
- Variables and their effect on the negotiation
- Four different negotiating strategies
- Negotiating Tactics
- Dealing with different tactics
- Counter productive strategies
- Dirty tricks and how to deal with them
- Gaining Acceptance of the Agreement
- Guidelines for gaining acceptance
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Assertiveness Skills
- Behavioural Styles
Through the use of individual exercises, group discussions, practical applications and case studies, participants will be exposed to the principles and practices of negotiations.
Participants will also be given the opportunity to assess their negotiation style and to develop action plans to assist them.
*Number of days can be customised and adjusted for in-house programmes.*
- The course is offered in-house and can be custom made to include specific examples and exercises based on the organisation’s activities.
- The course is wholly interactive combining theory with role play, team exercises and group interaction.
- Evaluation happens through participation and group discussion
Who should attend:
- All new managers and supervisors within the organisation who are required to negotiate
- Team leaders as well as specialists involved in the negotiation process
- Anyone involved with or needing an understanding of the negotiation process in order to deal with everyday situations.