Effective Communication Skills
Training Course Designed and Facilitated by a Registered Clinical Psychologist
Effective Communication Skills are the starting point to any successful business and their associated relationships. The impact of poor communication can leave disastrous results; the ability to effectively communicate affects everyone in the business. Learning how to communicate properly, whether presenting to clients; during discussions between management, individuals and teams or during stakeholder or suppler negotiations, is crucial to all individuals and affects all areas of development and success.
Our Effective Communication Workshop is run by a Clinical Psychologist, who is a behavioral specialist, with more than a decade of Professional Experience. The workshop is unique and provides in-depth understanding around the art of Effective and Successful Communication.
- Communication Defined
- Communication as a process
- Keep in touch: Setting the standard for corporate communications
- Identify and understand the barriers that prevent effective communication
- What you say, how you say it and what your body tells us
- Understanding body language
- A five step process to communicate effectively
- Listening as a process
- Are you a good listener?
- Tools and Techniques to active listening
- Emotional and cognitive barriers to effective listening skills
- Opening conversation
- Communication styles and preferences
- Difficult Conversations
- Dealing with Resistance
- Understanding Conflict and Managing it effectively
- The value of building trust
- Communication barriers
- What can go wrong
- Some techniques to put it right
- Assertiveness vs aggressiveness
- Communicate more confidently and effectively
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Difficult conversations
- The course is offered in-house and can be custom made to include specific examples and exercises based on the organisation’s activities.
- The course is wholly interactive combining theory with role play, team exercises and group interaction.
- Evaluation happens through participation and group discussion
Who should attend:
- All levels of Managers Managers
- Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Project Teams
- Sales Staff
- Client Relationship Officers/ Managers
- Individuals that are tasked with communication as part of their jobs
- Anyone who wants to improve their communication skills